Last year was the beginning of a new tradition: Celebrating the new year at Down House! We’re doing it again, and I’d love to have you with us. Stay off the highways, stay in the neighborhood, and have a blast!
This year here’s what we’re doing:
- Amazing four-course paired dinner (menu coming soon!)
- Champagne toast at midnight
- Live DJ playing your favorite songs
- Dancing after dinner!
Tickets are $100 including tax and gratuity, and they’re available HERE and in the restaurant. Fair warning, this will sell out, so get yours as soon as possible!
It’s true. We will be opening at 9 a.m. daily starting this Monday, September 24!
It wasn’t an easy decision for us to make, because we see our long hours as a service to the community. But when we balanced the strain on our little restaurant’s resources, the affect on our employees, and the addition of new (and awesome!) coffee shops in the neighborhood, we felt it was time for us to focus on what we could do best.
We hope this change will allow us to focus more on the things that we really care about. And we hope you’ll see the benefit of our focus in your experience moving forward.
It’s hard to make changes. There’s a fear of disappointing our guests and a a fear of being seen as “inconsistent” to begin with. But we really believe this is a change that will ultimately result in an improved experience for all our guests–and that will always be our goal.
As always, we welcome your feedback. Please e-mail chris (at) downhousehouston.com with any thoughts. Thanks!
I can hardly believe it, but one year is upon us. That’s right, one year of being in the Heights!
We’re celebrating our first year with a party in true DH fashion:
- We have all-you-can-eat BBQ, sides, and dessert for $15
- A special keg of dry-hopped Walloon from Southern Star Brewing Co.
- Frozen “Might as Well” cocktails
- OUR NEW PATIO! (We’re finishing things up now, can’t wait to share it with everyone!)
- Music from the attractive and talented Brent Nettles!
Things get started at 3 p.m. and will go until about 7. Buy your plate ahead of time at dhturnsone.eventbrite.com or on the day of the event.
This is a family-friendly event! We look forward to seeing you here!
Your New Year’s Eve plans are here!
Tickets are now available for our New Year’s Eve pairing dinner. Here are the details:
- $80 per person, includes:
- Four-course pairing dinner with wines, beer, and cocktails included
- Champagne toast at midnight
- Vinyl DJ spinning rock ‘n’ roll, soul, blues, and r&b
- Menu preview: whole roast lamb, fresh Gulf fish, pig’s ear salad, and other great dishes sourced locally and with loving care from chef Benjy Mason
Doors open at 8:00 p.m., and dinner starts at 8:30. Stay away from the annoying crowds and the dangerous roads on NYE. Take a five-minute cab ride to DH and ring in the new year in style!
Tickets available HERE!
Feel free to e-mail email@example.com for more info.
Our brand new bike racks are here!
These were created for us by Installations Antiques–located here in the Heights on 22nd and Lawrence. They are made from reclaimed plumber’s pipe, hand-welded, and powder-coated here in town. They were installed by our Heights neighbor Justin Hegan and his crew. We started with a very simple idea: We wanted to make a big statement about our support for the bicycling community, and we thought it would be a cool opportunity to be creative and beautify our front door. Take a look: